Monday, April 1, 2013

Goat Eyes

About five minutes into the session the psychic told me I was an alien.  I think it was a done deal regarding my "ethnic origin" when I told her about the tattoos on my inner forearms:  the symbolic geometry was there so that I would readily remember certain basic laws of nature and apply them to how complex systems operate.  As I spoke her eyes lit up and I swear her pupils were square shaped.  I laughed and told the woman that my mother had said more than once that I must have flown in from another planet because I had a completely different idea about how the world worked than everyone else.  Sometimes I want to tell my mom I have such strange understandings because her and my father had such different ideas about everything. My hybrid logic weaves together laws and facts that usually wouldn't compute for most folks. The fact I was sitting on the other side of the table from this woman is a perfect example of this: I am in my last semesters for a degree in applied behavioral neuroinformatics yet agreed with a child's curious mind to my grandmothers offer to pay for a psychic reading at the local esoteric bookstore  while I was visiting her in California). I joke that sometimes it may look like I'm slow when someone asks me a question because first I have to locate myself in the universe.   For how 'alien' I may be, I am impeccable at analyzing human behavior and interactions. When you think in code and you have a knack for understanding people it's difficult not to be constantly pursuing hidden agendas or practicing what Don Juan called the "art of stalking."  He said it sounded mysterious but it wasn't, it just had to do with human interactions. Stalking meant being able to conceal one's intentions or motives to be able to move about or accomplish what one wishes.  He said the old sorcerer's used it for dark pursuits but to modern sorcerers it was fundamental to living the life of a warrior.   The goal is not to master others but instead be the master of oneself.   I think that being able to manage your perspectives about the world in such a way that you can allow seemingly mutually exclusive realities to exist in one thought is mastering what you have learned and what you have experienced.  I wrote "multidimensionality" on the wall of the art building, followed by a lengthy definition entry.   If this world was a matrix like game it would have a lot of exciting fun things and a lot of dangers and an unending list of unknowns -continuous alternate reality role playing. It's a tiring way to operate no doubt, it's the only way I know, and is probably for the same reason that I go "mmmm" and smile, rubbing my head, and respond to my mother's honest question about my Mohawk and half head shaven saying, "It makes me feel normal."

No comments:

Post a Comment